[Roadsters] Sun-visor/rear-view mirror screws

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue Jul 29 13:07:51 MDT 2008

I have let bolts soak for several days as well. With some of the fender bolts you most likley would not be able to get them out even after a week of soaking but the visor mounts should loosen up with some patient soaking.

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning

---- Patti Dwinell <fairlady1964spl310 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Dave,
I have an original 64 with every screw and bolt on the car rusted in. Before I
attempt any removal, I soak the screw/bolt with Marvel Mystery oil and let it
set for 2-3 days....yeah, 2-3 DAYS!  It takes a lot of planning and patience,
but I've stopped busting bolt heads off or stripping screws.  A persuasive tap
with a hammer after soaking helps free them up.
Good luck!
Patti