[Roadsters] Sun-visor/rear-view mirror screws

Pete Peters ppeters914 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 12:09:45 MDT 2008

Time to break out the heavy artillery:

- PB Blaster
- Kroil
- Winzer 750
- Keith's Gen-U-Wine Old-Time Rust Buster (from earlier post): One of my
favorite rust penetrants is a half and half mix of acetone and ATF. Works
well and is cheap to boot. I read about some testing a while back where it
beat all the high priced stuff. Before removing any body hardware I soak
them with it and let it sit for a bit. If you can get to both sides even
better. Once the fastener starts turning shoot a little more on the threads.
If it turns tight you can spray a little on then turn it back in then back
it out again. This works the stuff into the threads. For ones that are
really tight warm them with a propane torch then spray. This helps to draw
it in.