[Roadsters] Help, I'm snapping off bolt heads!

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 07:36:50 MDT 2008

Rust is generally nasty stuff. Not only has the parent metal been eroded,
rust is very abrasive, and it takes up more room than the parent metal. So you
end up with the threads wedged tightly with grinding powder. Most always
fasteners requiring "heroic measures" will fit looser than original and  sometimes
will be beyond reusing. Fortunately, most times this looser fit isn't  a
problem. When it is several methods, like your suggestion, are available. The
first step in doing the repair is to get the silly thing apart in the first
place with a minimum of damage.

keith

In a message dated 7/27/2008 6:16:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,