[Roadsters] What Type of Hood Insulation?

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Sun Jul 27 21:26:47 MDT 2008

Jim,

There was no factory insulation under the hood or deck (trunk) lid of Datsun
roadsters.  I see no reason to add any.  -- the engine compartment gets hot
enough as is.  So, your PO(s) screwed up the car in that regard.  Which
makes anything else they did suspect, unfortunately.  Stay close to the
List.  There's a lot of experience out there.  (In my case, 37 years with
the same 1600/2000 doing my own mechanical maintenance.)

Gary Ault