[Roadsters] OT: Spelling

Gary McCormick gkmcc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 23 07:55:46 MDT 2008

The word can be spelled either way - "gage" and "gauge" are both correct.

Isn't English a fun language?

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA

chalsted <chalsted at comcast.net> wrote: I picked up a 95 Bonneville recently for cheap A/C wheels.. when it gets low
on fuel a light comes on that says "check gages"  I always thought the word
was spelled "gauges"......don't they ever check this stuff? I notice so many
typos on AP news stories and in newspapers... spell check can tell you if a
word is spelled right but not syntax or usage- there, their, they're...
spell check will interchange them all if you don't know which one is correct
to your usage in the first place...just tells you that the word you're using
appears in the language, not if it's the right word for how you're using it.

Craig
You are subscribed as gkmcc at sbcglobal.net

Datsun-roadsters mailing list

http://www.team.net/archive