[Roadsters] Slicing up a transmission Tunnel - Reasons?

Peter Jones dato1500 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 22:10:16 MDT 2008

My 64 was the same. The guy who owned it was too lazy to undo the gearstick
when he pulled the motor for a rebuild.

Regards
Peter j> From: gsglasgow at comcast.net> To: zubkoff at sbcglobal.net;
datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:59:26 -0700>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Slicing up a transmission Tunnel - Reasons?> > Was it
sliced up enough to pull the trans without pulling the engine? I> heard about
that on a race car once. They made the tunnel removable so they> could pull
the trans out through the interior.> > Gordon Glasgow> > -----Original
Message-----> From:
datsun-roadsters-bounces+gsglasgow=comcast.net at autox.team.net>
[mailto:datsun-roadsters-bounces+gsglasgow=comcast.net at autox.team.net] On>
Behalf Of Dan Zubkoff> Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:07 PM> To: datsun
roadster> Subject: [Roadsters] Slicing up a transmission Tunnel - Reasons?> >
Alvin,> > Thanks for posting the pictures from the Shasta Meet this year. 107>
degrees in California for the meet. And to think, It was cooler in Texas at>
only 101 degrees.> > Checked out a 64 Fairlady 3-seater earlier today.
Original running engine> with its original 64 non-synchro transmission. Yet
for some weird reason the> transmission tunnel had been completely sliced open
on both sides and on top> of the tunnel by the shifter. > > I can't understand
why the transmission tunnel was hacked?> > Now the early spl310 transmission
actually has a transfluid dipstick on> the top of the transmission. If you are
looking from the underside of a> spl310, you won't find a plug-hole for
filling the transmission. Could a> previous owner have actually sliced the
entire trans tunnel open, just to> fill the transmssion?> > Any ideas why
someong would destroy the trans tunnel, yet retain the stock> engine/trans?> >
Dan Zubkoff> Houston, TX> ________________________________________> Support
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >