[Roadsters] Head Porting

Walter Peterson Walter.Peterson at cox.net
Thu Jul 10 09:34:10 MDT 2008

I second Keith's comments and add that with a big cam you need to get the
compression back up by either closing the head chambers (welding & grinding
to get better Squish which also reduces or eliminates pinging) and/or update
the pistons to do a similar job.  You know you've hit the best compromise
when the compression tester reads in the 205 PSI range and you don't ping.
Flat tops & closed chambers on my R16 head & H20 crank (R16 rods).

Walt Peterson in burned out Goleta.

PS I have a free pair of usable 1600 drums & backing plates, winner pays
shipping.