[Roadsters] What I learned tonight

Mark Miller markmiller at threeboysfarm.com
Wed Jul 2 22:00:46 MDT 2008

Tonight I learned that the wheels I put on my roadster about 7 years ago use
a different lug size (wrench side) than the stockers they replaced.  If you
always use the big lug nut wrench in the garage to take wheels on and off
you learn this on the side of the road with a flat tire.

Yup.. Jacked up the car, grabbed the lug wrench from the trunk, and it
didn't fit.  Oops.

And the happy ending: called AAA and while waiting for the truck a friend
saw me and pulled over.  He had a 4 way lug wrench in the trunk.  5 minutes
and back on the road. And the car didn't even fall off the stock jack!

All in all a rather painless lesson.  Followed by a lovely ride home.  Wow,
I like that car.  Oh yeah, it's about to turn 200K km.  Maybe I'll wash it.
Naah.

Mark Miller

69 RHD Fairlady 2000, w. solexes in need of a new air filter.