[Roadsters] Viruses and bad stuff

Oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 31 23:27:46 MST 2008

happy new year to all.

i spent the evening bolting in the manifolds only to strip out the head
tightening the very last bolt.  so, for the second time i get to replace and
remove.  its an early 67 aluminum head.  can i use a helicoil?

and, as for windows - i'm a professional techie - clear out your temp files on
a regular basis (start/run %temp% hit enter and ctrl a followed by shift
delete will do it)  then hit start run cmd and type in chkdsk /f, type y,
enter, and reboot.  works a miracle.  i get paid to do this stuff!!  do a
defrag once a month or so as well.

if you're really hardcore, build the windows, get all the software installed
just the way you like it, then image it and store the image.  then you can
just reimage it.  i'm also starting to recommend to my clients that with
laptops they replace the hard drive every two years.  it seems like good
insurance.  just image to the new one and keep the old one as backup.  i see a
lot of drives go bad (I lost one just a few weeks ago, but i had an image to

i won't argue with the free stuff.  but my favorites are registry mechanic and
superantispyware.

somehow i'm better with PCs and servers than with my roadster . . .