[Roadsters] Motor removal

vulforge at aol.com vulforge at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 14:04:09 MST 2008

As many have said, certainly do it yourself, just take your time and double-check everything.? I find it easiest to pick a starting place (I use the battery) and go around the engine bay disconnecting.? When you reassemble, do the reverse.? Get a load leveler ($30 at Harbor Freight) to change the angle on the motor/transmission as it comes out and goes in.? Be cautious when everything is in the air that you do not allow the transmission tailpiece to swing?back and hit the windshield.??When you lift the front of the engine any grease left in the transmission will run out the drive shaft hole.? To prevent this and protect the transmission on reinstall, tape a spray paint cap to the tailpiece.? Be careful, have fun!

Russell Criswell 67 1600
Vulcan's Forge
3936 Broadway
Kansas City, MO