[Roadsters] Aftermarket Lower A arm shafts Available...LIMITED TIME

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 12:39:41 MST 2008

Hi all,

Just a reminder in case no one saw this before.
Rare Parts has the Datsun Lower A-arm shafts that I had manufactured
several months ago.   These shafts have the bearings on each end and
attach the lower A-arm pieces to the frame.
They are $95 each, plus shipping and tax, where applicable, and you
order them from Rare Parts directly.  I don't make anything off of this,
I just needed a set and was appalled at the prices I was seeing, so I
looked into having these made.
Used, these were $200 each, and the one place I could find them new got
them through Canada, from Japan at a cost of about $325 each.

The $95 each is a limited price for a limited time.  They will go up,
but I'm not sure how much or when.
These aftermarket A-arm shafts work great.  I installed them on my car.
They fit exactly the same, but look a tad different.

The originals were one poured piece of metal.

The aftermarkets are a shaft that has had the threads for the bushings
cut in, then hardened, and then the mounting flanges welded to the
shaft.  The shaft portion is a tad thicker, and stronger as well, but
doesn't affect the performance of the item at all.
Again, these are made by RARE PARTS, not some po-dunk hole in the wall shop.
Any questions, feel free to post on the list and I'd be happy to answer
them.

Eddie