[Roadsters] Driver's side door latch - update

BARTERDUDE at aol.com BARTERDUDE at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 07:48:17 MST 2007

Interesting.  My son and I soaked the latch in brake cleaner, but that
didn't do the job, but when we started feeling around in the inside of the door,
we discovered an "adjustment" nut on the rod coming from the outside door
handle.  After experimenting with the positioning, we discovered it was  best to
set it tighter, and the locking mechanism stayed in place with more
tensioning.  Apparently over the years of use the nut had backed off, thus  causing the
latch to not stay in locked position when triggered.

FYI, we also sprayed white lithium grease on the mechanism after adjusting
and everything works beautifully now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.WyCROC.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)