[Roadsters] SCCA Alphabet soop!

racery at comcast.net racery at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 14:36:27 MST 2007

SCCA really is the Secret car club of America-

in Club racing, EP through HP means "production"

Now, by production, they mean you have to keep your tub.
Most of the rest of the race car is open for some level of modification...
depending on what class you run in.

To make it worse, there is now a Club racing 'Prepared' category-
so you can have autocross prepared or club racing prepared.

Why there is no decoder sheet on the front pages of www.scca.org is beyond me,
but if you're insanely curious, click the 'club racing' tab,
then go to 'cars and rules'- the GCR (general competition regs) are there in
all 500+ pages of their glory.  And THEY need a decoder ring, too...

Toby
E- production BMW 2002 in Conference (www.icscc.com)

"Pete, I am lost.  What type racing are you referring to?  I am new to SCCA
autocross and know FP as F prepared.  I have been interested in following
the SCCA runoffs, but do not know the nomenclature of G production, GTL,
etc.  I am interested in taking up road racing, looking at SCCA time trials
or some other introductory way to get involved.  Can you point me in the
right direction, either organization or website?  Thanks, Dewey in Montana

"