[Roadsters] Metal Door plates....

Patti Dwinell fairlady1964spl310 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 21:05:28 MST 2007

Scott,
I've not seen a response to your inquiry, so,  I'll give it a try.
I believe the items you are talking about are called "kick" and "scuff plates".  There are three inner scuffs and one sill kick plate on each door opening.  They attach with screws.  You may be able to view a picture of them in the parts books on the 311.org site under body parts; body side fitting.  I'm looking at figure 74 in a 68 parts book and it shows them. The weatherstripping goes under the bend on the inner scuffs. Where the heck you're going to find new ones, I do not know, but I'm sure someone on the list does.
I've attached a few pictures I took of my poor old car and a couple ratty spare pieces of scuff trim.  Hope this helps.
Patti

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Datsun kick & scuff plate door trim 001.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Datsun kick & scuff plate door trim 002.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Datsun scuff plate door trim 005.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Datsun scuff plate door trim 006.jpg]