[Roadsters] Another new Spark Plug.........

dave daveandlindab at comcast.net
Fri Dec 21 19:29:23 MST 2007

So, the big question, do you get one sticker per plug, or just one sticker
per set. And are they multi color, or the outline ones? The # of stickers
could be a variable in the equation also, S.  If this is a scam, which it
must be, what's the deal with the Nology plug wires everyone was peeling off
big bucks for, same mumbo jumbo, better stickers?  If they do work, do I
need 10 gauge wire and a set of forklift contacts for an ignition switch?
1,000,000 watts, maybe he meant 1,000,000 mWatts? Or Whats?  The extra speed
may blow the deer repellant whistles off my front bumper!

> "Pulstar" pulse plug....."featuring a unique capacitor based pulse
> circuit" (Is this a capacitive discharge ignition without the (MSD
> etc.)
control
> box??)
>
> http://www.pulstarplug.com/
>
> I'm all for a better spark plug.....IF IT WORKS!!

Well, it would work, but only as good (maybe) as a normal plug. This is pure
snake oil. They don't go into enough detail, but if the drawing is true what
you have is a basic RLC circuit, known as a "tank" circuit. The problem is R
is variable (by an air gap) and needs to be stable and a fixed value, and C
is going to be way too small, and with not enough space for a proper
dielectric and plate separation for the voltages and frequencies involved.

And creating a shorter and hotter "pulse" is trivial to do with coil-on-plug
and distributor-less designs. If it were truly beneficial, it would have
been done. A longer duration spark is going to do a better job for most
cylinder head designs.