[Roadsters] cleaning carbs

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Thu Dec 20 09:57:28 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/19/2007 3:06:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tom at datsun2000.com writes:

I have  used chain saw fuel line for the flex hose at the bottom of the  SU
nozzle.  It is available from any small engine service or mower  shop.  It
was yellow and worked perfectly.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr.  Hyde
Portland
http://www.dataun2000.com
http://www.nowroc.org

Hello all,

    The problem with chain saw fuel line is that after  a few years is gets
very hard and stiff. For the chokes to work properly the  hose must be very
flexible. I have 30+ year old original lines that are still  flexible and working
fine. Most anything else I've seen gets hard as a  rock. If you use chain saw
type tubing just plan to change it every couple of  years. Ztherapy has the
only aftermarket tubing that I am aware of that works  properly. It is what I
use on my refurbed carbs.

keith williams