[Roadsters] FW: Re: Eject button

d-solomon at comcast.net d-solomon at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 15:03:04 MST 2007

yes, I can certainly relate to that feeling of carefree freedom.  And of course I'd be lieing if I were to tell you that every time I've thrown a leg over a bike I've had a lid on.  But typically, when I HAVE taken the occassional cruise around the block without a helmet, by the time I hit 40mph or so, I wish I had one on.  The wind noise can be horrible, and the wind in the eyes sucks

But the real reminder for me is the "wall of Glory" in my garage, with my old helmets.  Every one on the wall represents either death or disfigurement, had I not been wearing it.  And before the one person on the list who got so angry with me over this issue that he felt he needed to attack me in a private email gets inflamed again and says I crash too much:  90% of those incidents have been on the race track.  You race bikes, you crash bikes.  it is that simple.  I have had the occassional tip over on the road, but my road incidents over the years have had more to do with debris and wildlife!!

Dan

From: "Gregory S. Morrison" <gsm at gregorysmorrison.com>
Dan- For me it has to do with the wind in the hair feeling and a dash of self-justification in the way of, If I hit the deck hard, then just take me now Lord cause I cant ride if Im in a wheelchair.  Of course, none of that makes any sense when compared to emergency room statistics and insurance rates. I should probably get with the program and play it a bit more safe considering Ive had pretty good luck up to this point, why chance it?

Thanks for the wake up call.

-Greg