[Roadsters] 5-point harness laws

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue Dec 18 12:45:32 MST 2007

If you want to be in conpliance with any and all insurance regs, as well as any laws, why not put a set of stock seat belts in the car in addition to a custom five or four point harness or what ever you may be planning to use. That way, if you get in a wreck, Lord forbid, you can then always be able to say, that you were indeed using the stock seat belts.   ;-)
And your insurance can't say a thing about the "incorrect" restraints.
--

Tim
Belleville, WI.

---- steb <stebharvey at ameritech.net> wrote:

Group,

I purchased two sets of 5-point harnesses for my restoration project
car. As I was leaving the store the guy says, "you are using these on a
track car, right?". I said no, there for a street car. Turns out that
harness sets are not legal for street use in Wisconsin. I installed them
anyway thinking that it's better to be a breathing law breaker then a
dead upstanding citizen. Are harnesses legal in other states for street
use?

Steve