[Roadsters] parts or restoration car 1966 1600 Los Angeles

geegc at aol.com geegc at aol.com
Wed Dec 12 12:18:27 MST 2007

Several years ago I bought a 1966 1600 as a potential restoration project.? I bought it from a woman in San Diego who had driven it for a number of years and then parked it at her apartment.

?

When I picked it up I brought an extra battery and was able to get the car started to drive onto the trailer.? I parked the car in a garage in the mountains and took it out every three or four months to pollute the neighborhood.? It was not currently licensed so I didn't drive that far.

?

I sold the place in the mountains and bought the car down to Los Angeles where it has been sitting in a friend's garage for the last two years.? I have no idea if it will start any longer but suspect that with enough voltage and clean gas it will turn over and run.

?

The car is fairly complete, the body is not a rusted out hulk, although there is rust in the obvious places, and the only major item that I think is gone is the speedometer.? This is a restoration project for someone who has time, or a source of parts for an owner of a 1966 1600.

?

I paid $500 for it and would like to get the same amount back.

?

I also have available a soft top frame which I bought separately and a hard top which I've owned forever.? They did not come with the car but are available separately.

?

Before I put it on Craigslist or eBay I thought I would see if anyone on the list wanted it.? I can take pictures this weekend.

?

Gary C