[Roadsters] Everone wants the BIG buck

Al Boettcher datsunsports at rogers.com
Thu Aug 30 10:55:53 MDT 2007

I saw the #88 back on with the ridulous price he is asking...One sold on E-Bay
last week
on the west coast #05 for $8,350 which was a really good price concidering all
the correct
parts were on the car and it was is driving condition. It was in great shape .
this #88
is bascally a parts car  that needs a total restore..the air cleaner is only
half there..the
carbs need total rebuild  seems the exhaust is missing...needs a whole
interior...All
one has to do is wait for another like #05 to show up and you will get a
better deal for sure.
ITs like the Shelbys  ever since Barrett-Jackson got sky rocketing prices for
the cars in the
last few years. Everyone who is selling one wants the moon for them...Its time
to get real
with prices for restorations shops asking $10's of thousands of dollars to
restore cars these
days..the seller should get back down to earth and realise he is dreaming big
time for
the high prices he sets for his car ....To him it maybe worth the price but
for roadster
die hard fans the price is off the charts...Even poor Craig has NOS parts for
roadsters
and cannot get the prices he is asking...the cars are not Ferrari's....so most
of the parts
may seem worth a lot  but we owners are not millionaires who own cars that we
would
spend the big $$$ all the time...perhaps if he keeps his ad on E-Bay long
enough like a year he may get his price in the end..I will be watching to see
what happens...hey its
just my opinion and only time will tell the rest of the story.
Al Boettcher  Ottawa Ontario
SRL00678 67.5 solex
68 solex  NOTMGB