[Roadsters] Rough Idle--fixed but still hot blooded

Larry Dziuba roadster68 at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 7 21:04:15 MDT 2007

Hello Fellow Listers,  I had my rad cleaned out as part of the restoration.
NOw that I am breaking in the engine (68 2000 w/ solex's) I notice that it
is running around 200 deg F.  The head was shaved down so I no there has to
be higher compression and along with that should come some more
temperature - correct?  I will get the beast in to a mechanic to check the
timing too.  The rebuilt engine has just under 500 miles on it.  It runs
nice on the highway & the only problem is a high idle.  An old roadster
mechanic indicated that if the carbs are balanced, air/fuel mixture good and
no air leaks in the body, then a likely culprit is air leaking by one of the
butterfly valves.  It goes to him next week.  Larry.