[Roadsters] roadster spotted in NY

John Klingman jklingman at stny.rr.com
Sat Aug 4 18:46:13 MDT 2007

On our way to Watkins Glen today in our roadster we were spotted by another
roadster. In Greene, NY the cars park on Main St in a double row in the middle
and traffic lanes are split. Hearing a horn beeping that sounded like ours ,
we spotted a light colored Datsun roadster backing out into the other lane. We
waved back and tried to find them but didn't. It is the first roadster we have
seen on the road in NY, Craig Halsted stopped by for coffee with a '67.5 Solex
on his trailer. Does that count? Had a wonderful 300 mile road trip to Ithaca
and the Glen, up RT14 to Geneva and RT 20 , over to Cazenovia down RT 12B
through Hamilton ( Colgate U.) and home. If you come to NY you must drive
RT20, it is an awesome road especially in a roadster.
   Gloria and John Klingman
     Sidney, NY '68 2000