[Roadsters] Engine oil lines available

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Thu Aug 2 22:18:19 MDT 2007

Hello all,

    Finally picked up a second core and had some more  engine oil lines made.
On the gauge line that goes from the block to the frame  rail they cut off
the old fittings, brazed on new modern ferules and crimped  them to new
stainless braid covered line. To keep the original look I had them  install some
tubing over the braided line and reinstall the original spring  cover. That way it
looks very close to the original. For the 2L flex line that  connects the
block to the distributor they cut off the original fittings and  brazed on new
ferules. Then crimped them onto new stainless braid covered line.  They used 1/4"
inch line so they are thinner than the original and cosmetically  different.
Both are rated for a thousand PSI or so and should last about  forever.

     I have two of the distributor lines and one of the  gauge lines. The
cost is $45 exchange. I must get your old ones back in order to  have more to
rebuild. Also, if anyone has any old lines that they could donate  it would be
appreciated. As I get cores I'll have them done and pass them along  at my cost.

keith "carbs and more" williams