[Roadsters] Roadster Spotting In Illinois ?

Dave Cooke cookefam314 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 09:21:50 MDT 2007

I apologize if you already received this e-mail, but I don't think it was posted to the digest version of the list...

  Yes, It's true, I spotted my first running Roadster in Illinois in 10
years! I was driving this past Sunday evening south on Randall Road in Algonquin
 and spotted what looked to be a blue Roadster about 10 cars ahead of
me...Well the pursuit was on, I had to be sure this was a Roadster as
they are so rare in this part of the country. My wife was driving, and
 I convinced her to pursue, so we did. We finally caught up to the car 5
miles later near Interstate 90, and to my delight it was indeed a
roadster. We pulled up next to the guy & had a 15 second conversation.
He was driving a 1968 Blue 2000 with 2 white stripes & headrests. He
shouted out that he also races a 67 model...then he waved and sped off
into the Midwest sunset. The plates were personalized Illinois Antique
Vehicle (AV) plates with the letters "DATSUN". I didn't get his
name...Anyone on the list ?

  Dave Cooke
  1969 1600
  Lake In The HIlls, IL