[Bricklin] Air Door Conversion Wiring Help

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Fri Jul 7 21:49:01 MDT 2017

At 04:41 PM 7/5/2017, you wrote:

 >I am in the process of finishing the air door conversionwith Tannerbs kit.B
 >The wiring diagram isshowing that I need to wire to the decal valve but looks
 >like my carburetordoes not have one.

Rene,

It should have the solenoid on the carb. but if your car has been
modified with a
different carb, manifold, etc. it's quite possible that it doesn't.

If you wire into the decel valve, you will need a diode so you don't
try and back
feed the entire electrical system.

It sounds like you are talking about wiring for the compressor for
the air door conversion.

So any place you can find switched 12V, meaning 12V when the ignition switch is
in the run position is fine.  The reason for this is that you want to
enable the relay
only when the ignition switch is on.  I'll email you a copy of an
article I wrote about this several years ago.  It should give you a
better understanding of the wiring.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---