[Bricklin] Brake question - Rear drums brakes

sk-svenkoch at gmx.de sk-svenkoch at gmx.de
Sun May 15 02:48:46 MDT 2016

Hi friends,

my annual check of my SV-1 shows up, that the rear drums are not working
equally.

I have tried to get the drum off the axle (passenger side), but nothing
happens:

I have disassembled the 3 little bolts and checked if the emergency brake is
OFF

The drum rotates almost free (just < it is slightly stiff).

I used a hammer to loosen the rust connection between drum and axle hub.
Nothing..

So, my suggest was that the shoes are still too tight to the drum. Than I
have tried to loosen the adjusting screw thru the maintenance holes, but I
cant see in which direction is the right.

Both directions were very stiff to move. Again nothing..

Any hints how I can get the drum off? In which direction I have to push the
adjusting screw to loosen the shoes?

Thanks in advance and

Greetings from Germany

Sven Koch #2224