[Bricklin] Buying a BRICKLIN

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Tue Dec 27 21:45:33 MST 2016

At 09:28 PM 12/27/2016, you wrote:

 >Hi, is there any PDF or guide to buying one?

No there isn't a PDF available, but there is  some info on our web page:
http://www.bricklin.org/TechCentral/TCFAQ.htm

 >Is there anywhere I can get the shop manuals or copies?

Yes, the club sells them through Bricklinalia.  There were hardcopy
and ones on a
thumb drive.

 >I was also wondering what types of engine trans combos were better
than others
 >or to stay away from.

There are only 2 engines to choose from AMC 360s in the 74s and Ford 351s in
the 75 & 76s.  So it depends on if you're an AMC or Ford guy.  As to trannys,
the Ford only has the FMX unless it has been updated with an AOD.  The 74s
you have a choice of the manual only about 75 built and rare or the chrysler
automatic.

 >I've watched my mechanic 20 years ago fix the doors when they were leaking
 >air. So I know to check the doors.

An air lean in the doors are your least problem.  Again read the FAQ
and then ask
some more questions.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---