[Bricklin] Brake questions

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Tue Jun 9 20:59:50 MDT 2015

Gang,

I'm forwarding this for Paul Amoroso: "Paul J. Amoroso, CPA"
<amo-cpa at comcast.net>

John

---------------

 From "Paul J. Amoroso, CPA" <amo-cpa at comcast.net>

Hi;

The 40 year old has a leaky brake cylinder which was fixed....checked
for a '75 Matador and Advance Auto had the parts IN STOCK, along with
the brake shoes!  But the metal 1/4" brake line to the wheel cylinder
could not be loosened and I needed to replace it.  The line goes from
the wheel toward the middle of the rear axle where it goes into a
small brass distribution block.  That screws down into the rear
axle.  The feed for that block is a rubber (hydraulic?) hose about a
foot long which goes to a connection into another metal 1/4" brake
line. It seems like the rubber hose is actually part of the brass
distribution block. I'm guessing it's rubber to allow for the
movement of the rear axle, up and down.  Makes sense.

Do you know if there have been how-to articles on this in the
Brickline?   Does anyone know where the brass block and /or rubber
hose are from or where I could get one?  Do any of our B parts
suppliers have these things? I'd like to patronize them.

Virtually all of our cars are 40 (or more) by the end of this year.
Hope they all doing well.

Thanking you in advance for any help,

Paul Amoroso

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---