[Bricklin] Bricklin Radiator

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Wed Jan 21 14:32:14 MST 2015

At 12:28 AM 1/21/2015, you wrote:

 >I need to replace the Radiator on my 1975 Brick , it is a low
milage (only 4K Mi) all original car.
 >I seem to recall that if you ordered a radiator for a 1974 amc
matador with the v8 that was the
 >replacement part .  Can anyone tell me if that radiator is a drop
in replacement or what was used as the
 >original radiator?

Mike,

If you really want to keep the car original, sort of.  I've heard the
same thing, but it's NOT a drop in
replacement.  The radiator is supposedly from a Matador Coupe (a
Modean 589 need relocate the
top inlet, I've been told the 589 is NLA, but that the Modine 579
will work.)  I've
heard that the Redi-Rad is not as good as the Modean, and that a 4
core block too
easily use 3 core.

So don't recommend you go at this lightly.  What I did, was pull my
radiator, and took
it to a local radiator shop and had them "re-core" it.  Which means
they pulled the
top & bottom tanks and then put a new core inbetween.  Tell the
radiator shop what you
think about a replacement radiator and see what they say.

If you have had any overheating problems, you might want to use one
of the aluminumn radiators that Terry, Les, & I think Bob sell.

Maybe someone like Rick will chime in here also.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---