[Bricklin] 1975 Bricklin vapor lock problem

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Fri Jul 29 08:32:55 MDT 2011

At 11:39 PM 7/28/2011, isensee at aol.com wrote:

 >I have never had a problem with vapor lock on my Bricklin, but I have an
 >Avanti that has. I solved the problem by putting a thicker gasket under the
 >carburetor to reduce the heat that was being transferred from the intake
 >manifold. I know other folks who have installed an electric fuel pump - with
 >higher fuel pressure vapor can't stay in the line.

Jacques,

If you install the electric fuel pump, especially if it pumps over 4
psi, you'll
probably need a regulator to drop the pressure to about 4psi.  Otherwise the
float may not be able to cut off the fuel supply and the fuel
will  overflow the
carb onto the block.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty -
the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for  oneself;
                  freedom  from  control  or  restriction