[Bricklin] Bricklin fuel sender

Paul J. Amoroso paul-amo at comcast.net
Mon May 24 21:13:30 MDT 2010

I have a nagging problem that I have had for about 15 years, maybe
someone is familiar with:  In order to start my car, I have to pump the
peddle first ( before I even turn the key) about 75 times.  I thought
maybe the carb had an internal fuel leak and the bowl needed refilled.
I rebuilt the carb.  I have rebuilt carbs before with ok success - I am
not anywhere near expert.  But the carb and problem were identical to
that before I started.  The car runs fine except for the pesky fuel
needing "primed".

Does anyone have any ideas?  Am I wrong to think it's the carb.  Some
other part of the fuel system?  Maybe I am mis-diagnosing the problem.
Scott, did you have any of the symptoms like mine with your fuel sender?

Thanks to everyone in advance for any words of wisdom.

Paul Amoroso