[Bricklin] Finally found my air leak

Greg Schroeder gschroeder at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 12:50:23 MST 2010

Seems that after replacing all the vinyl in the compression fitting with
brass, replacing the pump (since it was leaking) and checking fittings over
and over with soapy water for leaks I decided to bypass the old vacuum pump.
Pumped up the system yesterday and check it this afternoon and it still had
130 lbs. of pressure.  My doors work OK down to about 110, but my pump will
come in before this with the pressure switch.

So if you have an air leak problem and still have the vacuum pump it may be
the source of your problem.  Worth the $2 to buy the fittings to check it
out.

Greg