[Bricklin] Check valve

isensee at aol.com isensee at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 10:30:19 MST 2010

I asked about a check valve a while back to put in my air line and nobody had
one to suggest, but I was able to locate one so thought I should pass along
the information in case it is helpful to someone else.

Pressure was leaking out through my electric air compressor. It has a reed
valve inside. That's a metal flap that bends to open and close. Moisture
eventually causes corrosion and the valve doesn't seal completely so air
pressure can slowly leak out when the compressor isn't running.

I spliced a check valve into the air line near the compressor. That allows air
to flow from the compressor into the storage tank, but doesn't allow it to
leak back out the opposite direction. The check valve I found is a Swagelok
B-4C-10. There is a description of it at:
http://tinyurl.com/ygwac48

Scott Isensee