[Bricklin] Electrical Questions Alternator and Air system

isensee at aol.com isensee at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 16:46:11 MDT 2010

 Yes, you can test with a multimeter and should get around 14 volts at the
battery with the engine running. Here is a video that demonstrates that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzz7P3qNHcE

What voltage are you getting at the battery with the engine off? A good
battery should put out around 12.5 volts. It sounds like you may have a
problem with the battery, the voltage regulator, or maybe a wiring problem
such as a bad ground. It is possible your replacement alternator is bad too,
but that seems less likely. Most parts stores will test it for you free.

 Scott