[Bricklin] Distributor Position at TDC

klasicars klasicars at mywdo.com
Tue Jul 21 07:38:57 MDT 2009

/Something else to consider when setting the distributor is that TDC
occurs TWICE for each revolution of the distributor rotor. To be certain
that you are working with the correct correlation between the crank and
camshaft you need to observe that the intake and exhaust valves for
number one cylinder are closed when the timing mark on the balancer is
at TDC. Otherwise you will have all the timing 180 degrees out of time.
Remove the left valve cover to see the valve action for number one
cylinder./