[Bricklin] Glue for body panels

Paul J. Amoroso paul-amo at comcast.net
Mon Dec 14 21:28:42 MST 2009

Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent in November about body panels:

I have used 3 M Epoxy #2216 B/A for years - never had a failure in a
bond even when not completely clean metal.  My uncle worked for 3M for
40 years and I asked him about what to use.  He had their tech
department answer my questions and this is what they recommended.  When
my uncle retired from 3M a couple of years ago, I asked if he could get
me a deal on some.  He did.  I would be willing to send a kit to whom
ever wants one, if they pay for the shipping.  The kit is 2 oz of part A
and 1.3 oz of part B with instructions - mix in a 3:2 ratio.  Very
simple, easy cleanup.  I love the stuff.  Caution: do not use on your
kids' lips, no matter how much you want to....not in the instructions
but a condition of sale.

I regret to say, I sent out all of the extra kits I had.  I would
recommend calling 3M or going on their web-site for a dealer in your
area.  I don't know how much the stuff would cost.  It works well.

Amo #1207