[Bmcu] water based paints

Gary Lindstrom gary at cs.utah.edu
Wed May 7 07:50:41 MDT 2014

I stopped at my favorite auto paint supply shop (Superior on 58th S. in
Murray) and learned that all auto paints as of July 1 will be water based.

These have been used for several years now in new car production, but it
seems the EPA is widening its requirements to include the aftermarket.

I managed to get an order in under the wire for a gallon of old style
paint (DuPont ChromaOne) - if anyone is planning to do a partial repaint
in the near future I suggest doing the same, to simplify matching and
blending.

FYI,
     --Gary