[Bmcu] Fwd: Electrical Help Needed

davedianarichards . daverichards100 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:44:15 MDT 2014

Electrical connections are the key  to chasing Lucas ghosts. I concur with
what's been said about cleaning those connections. .22 caliber brass
brushes also work well on the inside of the bullet connector sleeves.  Use
a dialectic grease after cleaning while reconnecting.  Find the wiring
schematic here, (color printing will help immensely):
http://midget1500.wordpress.com/wiring-diagrams/

I would do the cleaning before resorting to a mechanic,  it will help you
know your car and the mechanic will probably only address the one or two
problems you're paying him to fix.  With those connectors,  other
electrical issues are bound to come up until they are cleaned and protected
from further corrosion.

One other thing we did recently on a B fuse box was to add solder to the
riveted connections. It eliminated intermittent interruptions.

Cheers,

Dave