[Bmcu] 1957 MGA 1500 4 SALE

Edwin Petersen browniepetersen at readytek.net
Sun Sep 16 17:23:18 MDT 2012

OK, here is my input on your car.  There are about 20 MGA's on eBay today.
Realistic price for a car in your car's condition are getting bids from 15K
to 20K.  You can see that some have buy it now prices around 25K but are not
making bid.  Old Car's price guide places top end at 26K.  This would be a
show car in perfect trophy winning  condition at a National meet.  What we
call trailered, not driven condition.  On the Old Cars price guide scale of
cars yours would most likely be a 3 (1 perfect, 6 needs full restoration).
For a car in number 3 condition they give a figure of $11,700.  I would say
that is consistent with what eBay is showing?  (Keep in mind that most of
the cars on eBay report condition better than they actually are.)  Most of
our BMCU folks who have restored and drive their cars would admit that their
car is somewhere around number 3 condition.

Good luck in finding a buyer.  With that said, you should rekindle your love
for the British experience and start driving it as much as you can..  They
are a "B L A S T" to own and drive.

Brownie

Edwin L. "Brownie" Petersen MA, CSHM, ASA,

Retired Aerospace, Retired USAF

  435 279-6930

browniepetersen at readytek.net