[Bmcu] Front End Spindal Machine Work - Help!!!

Jason Underwood JasonMU at msn.com
Fri Sep 7 11:31:49 MDT 2012

Hi Club Members,  I am rebuilding a 1972 MG Midget, and we have found out that the Front End Spindle Bushings are worn out, (some slop on the king pins).  I have purchased a new front end rebuild kit that includes new king pins and bushings.  The problem that I have is finding a machine shop that can ream out the old bushings, press in the new ones and hone them to fit the new king pins.  The machine shop I use for engine work doesn't have the ability to ream out the different sizes of bushings due to the king pins being tapered.  If anyone has a recommendation of a machine shop that can handle this I would sure appreciate it.  Thanks so much.

Jason Underwood