[Bmcu] Twenty Day Left - Be Prepared

Floyd Inman floyd_inman at msn.com
Fri Aug 12 17:21:35 MDT 2011

Can you believe it????? Just 20 days before we gather in Park City. How time flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all tomorrow at BFD and again (if you can handle it) on September 5 – 10:00 AM at the top of Main Street – Park City

Following are the rules as presented by the Rotary:

PARK CITY ROTARY CLUB

Presents the 114th Annual

PARK CITY “MINER’S DAY” PARADE

Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2011

On behalf of the  PARK CITY ROTARY CLUB, we are excited to have you and your friends and family join in this year’s  MINER’S DAY PARADE and FESTIVITIES.  Please find the following guidelines which must be followed for a safe and fun experience for all.

2011 PARK CITY MINER’S DAY PARADE GUIDELINES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

1.  Please arrive at 10:00am and line-up on Swede Alley.

2.  Check-in for your parade position at the Parade Official’s white tent located on Swede Alley.  While there you will receive, read and sign your 2011 Park City Miner’s Day Parade Guidelines and Acknowledgement.

3.  Parade begins at 11:00am sharp, rain or shine right after the USAF flyover.

4.  The Parade route is down Main Street, turning left on 9th Avenue, then right onto Park Avenue.  The parade ends on Park Avenue at the entrance to City Park.  All parade entries MUST continue down Park Avenue.  You can NOT enter City Park.

5.  Please – NO alcohol allowed, either in or on parade floats and entries.

6.  NO items may be “thrown” from any float, person, walker, vehicle or parade entry.  NO exceptions.  Approved items may be “handed” to spectators only – in direct hand-to-hand fashion.  Approved items could include flyers, coupons, small logoed items, small candies, sealed bottles of water.  Violators will be stopped by the Park City Police Department officers and asked to leave the parade route immediately.

7.  NO water devices such as squirt guns, water pistols, water balloons will be allowed, either in or on parade entries.

8.  Children MUST be under adult supervision at all times.

9.  Please pick-up all trash created by you on Swede Alley, the parade route and in the area you tear-down your float/entry.

10.  Please tape your parade entry number to the middle of your car, float, entry, for the ease of announcers and judges.  Announcing occurs from the Riverhorse Deck on Main Street.  Prizes will be awarded at City Park immediately following the Kids Games.

By signing below I acknowledge and agree with all of the parade rules as given to me by the Miner’s Day Parade Official today, Monday, September 5, 2011.