[Bmcu] Why are we getting spam?

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Fri Nov 12 18:02:21 MST 2010

Ron Christensen wrote:
> Why are we now getting drug ads on the site????  (Underwood and Beecher)

Because the marketing thugs at Microsoft have convinced folks that
the brain dead, virus spewing garbage they pass off as an operating
system is worth running.

So it is easy for bad guys to hijack email addresses and make use of
other people's computers to send out their spam.

One thing I will be doing this weekend is working on filtering these
out.  So far they all come with the (no subject) subject line, so any
messages to any of the Team.Net address without a proper subject
will get rejected.

mjb.