[Bmcu] Details for this Saturdays Tech Session

Kevin and Marie kandmcowan at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 18:33:23 MST 2010

BMCU Members,

As I mentioned in an earlier email, Richard and myself are co-hosting a
"do-it-yourself" session this Saturday 11/13/10.

Here are the details:

What will we be doing?  Working on cars, finishing projects, sharing
knowledge, or just hanging out.  The idea is for people to bring their cars
and to take advantage of Richard's shop, equipment, and mostly his vast
expertise.  Everyone is invited to come just to do some
winterize/maintenance*, but also there will some group problem solving and
trouble shooting on memberbs projects.  So far Mitch will bring an engine
that we will evaluate, Terry will bring an MGB suffering the curse of Locus
(AKA electrical problems), Jerry is bringing carburetors from an MGTD to
rebuild.  We will be going all day, so if anyone has any other things, bring
them.

*Things to do: Oil change, grease, tune ups, rotate tires, wiring discussions,
motor and running gear discussions, Reface dash boards or any other wood work

We are looking for someone to do a more formal technical session, so let me
know if anyone has something to share or knows someone that might.  If we have
anything this will be around noon.

What kind of equipment can I use?  Car jack, paint booth, wood working
equipment, interior tools, pressure washer to name a few.  The flux capacitor
emitter is broken at the moment.  Bring jugs for old oil if you plan on
changing your oil, bring shop manuals, wiring diagrams, etc. if you have a
special project.

Where is it?  Richardbs house address is 4325 South Garden Drive in SLC.
That is 970E just off of 4500S behind Stellabs restaurant.  His shop is in
the back behind the house.

What else should I bring?  Car related media.  There will be a TV and
computer, so bring photos, videos, Thumb drives, links, etc.  Top Gear and
John Twist are good, Christmas music is bad.

What time is it?  8:00 AM till dark or whenever.

What about food?  We will be providing Coffee and Bagels in the morning, BBQ
lunch at 12:00.  Cost is none, donations accepted.