[Bmcu] reminder: annual meeting and potluck Saturday night 6pm

Gary Lindstrom gary at cs.utah.edu
Fri Feb 8 18:28:40 MST 2008

Potluck Dinner and Annual Meeting
February 9, 2008

OK folks, time to dust off the cookbooks and get ready to show off your
culinary skills! It's time for the BMCU membership to gather to feast
and to scheme! That means besides bringing along your favorite dish, we
would like to hear your ideas and hopes for the coming year. This is the
time for sitting down and planning out a years worth of activities and
fun for all of us.

We had a great year in 2007 and I know we can do even better in 2008
(sounding a bit like a politician there, sorry). This is also the time
we can elect (volunteer/Shanghai) new BMCU officers.

I am currently researching the creation of an official BMCU ball cap.
The BMCU logo would be embroidered on the front and (this is where you
come in) on the back we'd like something witty, such as Going Topless in
the Rockies or something fun. I'd like you to bring your ideas to the
dinner and we can vote for the best one -- with the first hat going to
the suggestion winner.

Also this year I am working on a display of information that pertains
our cars. I am contacting parts vendors and business' that can help us
in our quest for LBC performance and reliability. The display is open to
local folks to bring info along too! We are always open to ways to help
each other out.

There will also be door prizes. Everyone at the dinner will receive a
ticket for a chance to win something (sorry, no new Jags or Mini's from
the dealer). This will not be a raffle sale, just a way to make the
evening a bit more interesting. Make a note on your calendar: February
9th 6:00pm, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 261 South 900 East, Salt Lake City.

--Mitch Johnson