[Bmcu] surface TR3 exhaust manifold?

Jeremiah Curry jercurry at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 21:51:57 MDT 2008

Howdy all,

I am getting ready to put the exhaust manifold back on my TR3, it has been
off for 29 years and the head has been rebuilt.  A friend of mine told me I
should have the exhaust manifold surfaced before re-assembling.  It is not
rusted, but not perfectly clean either.  What are your thoughts? how much
can the gasket cover up?

If you think I should get it done, do you have a place in Salt Lake City
that could do it well?

thanks in advance,
Jeremiah