[Bmcu] 57 TR3 head studs not lined up?

kandmcowan at earthlink.net kandmcowan at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 28 12:08:11 MDT 2007

The coefficent of expansion of copper is 17, steel is 11 (higher means more expansion).  So cooling the copper will "Shrink" it.  Good idea to put the gasket in the freezer.  Here is the wikipedia website link if you wish to learn more on thermal expansion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient_of_thermal_expansion

Kevin