[Bmcu] Spitfire front suspension parts - ball joints and trunnions

Lee racergt at xmission.com
Sun Sep 9 12:44:14 MDT 2007

Is there anyone in or around Salt Lake who stocks the upper ball
joint the last 60's Spitfire? My Europa shares these parts with the
Triumph Spitfire and I want to replace the upper ball joints on both sides.

Also, what is the recommended oil to use for the trunnions? Engine
oil like 10W30? 75 weight or thicker gear lube? My Lotus manual
failed to mention the correct fluid for the trunnions...

Lee - 1969 Lotus Europa S2Z getting ready to offer up the chassis to the body!