[Bmcu] Miner's Day Parade Sept. 3

Gary Lindstrom gary at cs.utah.edu
Mon Aug 27 21:06:36 MDT 2007

Park City Miner's Day Parade - A Tradition!

Some years ago the BMCU entered the Miner's (Labor) Day Parade in Park
City. Three cars showed, and after the harassing of the Rotary Club
people that we should spend more time recruiting members and less time
in parades, a fourth BMCU member joined the parade. From that point we
referred to the event as the three and a half BMCUer's Parade.

And with that a tradition was born.

Each year the BMCU participates in the Park City Miner's Day Parade, and
each year we arrive with more cars than the previous. The embarrassment
has long been forgotten and the event has become one of the main
attractions for our club.

Once again we will participate in the event, and we would like to see a
larger, and more enthusiastic group than in past years. We would like to
show the Rotary that we did indeed recruit. Last year we honored the
City of Park with around 25 cars; we would like to see 40 this year, and
we cannot do it without your participation!

The date is September 3!

The place is the top of Main Street, Park City!

The time is 10:00 AM for an 11:00 AM parade down Main Street to the City
Park.

As in the past, we will have "reserved Parking" at the park for a mini
car show and picnic. Bring your food and beverage or buy it there. The
Rotary will have burgers and dogs, soft drinks and beer. I will have a
few bottles of Two Buck Chuck.

Let the BMCU show up in force! Let us dominate the parade with volume.
Let us impress the local gentry with some great British engineering. Let
us have a good time!

--Floyd Inman

- - - - Update 8/20/07 - - - -
For all BMCU members coming up for the parade.

We will once again meet at the top of Main Street around 9:30  10:00 AM

This is from the Rotary Club regarding complete day schedule.

Good morning. The parade is fast approaching. I just wanted you to know
that we have received your application. Here is the days schedule:

7:00am     Pancake breakfast in City Park
9:00am     Funky Five-K Fun Run - City Park to Main Street
10:45am    Running of the Balls on Main Street - Lots of Fun!
11:00am    Flying of USAF Steadman plane over Park City and Main Street
11:15am    Main Street Parade - Down Main Street to City Park - we
    always start late as is tradition living in Park City - Its a great
    funky parade of locals!!!
12:00 noon Motherlode Canyon Band playing in the Park with games for the
    kids, food and drink
1:30pm     Mucking and Drilling Event - the finish and the best of the
    day with actual history and competitions of mucking and drilling with
    Miners from around the intermountain west - a great event to learn
    the history of Park City's past!

See you there!

Floyd