[Alpines] rear axle question

Tony Lang achd73 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 16:34:04 MST 2013

Yahoo has changed so much I'm not certain to whom I'm actually addressing BUT
here's what I've learned about OD. The speedo cable that's to short is for a
non OD car- OD uses a longer cable. Pitt falls is the switch oppsite the
signal switch which engages the OD. There is another on the tranny  that
disengages OD when not in 3rd or 4th gear- reverse will tear it up. There is
also a unit on the firewall- not positive the name BUT I need one if anyone
has a spare. I have a S5 with OD and it absolutely screams on the interstate
but I lost a bearing cap and haven't fixed it yet. In my opinion if  you can
find an OD unit, you will love it- I wonder if the stock rear end gears would
still produce plenty of power and better gas mileage- guess you give up
something when making changes. Happy Holidays to all.
TonytheTiger

On
Monday, December 23, 2013 3:53 PM, Lauri Lehtinen <lehtinen.lauri at kolumbus.fi>