[Alpines] S2 gas gauge

peter at wizardclassics.co.uk peter at wizardclassics.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 03:53:56 MDT 2012

re s5 carbs: I have owned three s5s and had a problem with the T piece
joining the carb fuel inlets on all of them. the eary t-piece was rubber,
later they used a plastic one which, once it cracked, split right through
very quickly (it happened to me just after I had filled the tank, and I
dumped a tank-full of petrol on the road in the next 3 miles. I overcame the
problem on that car with two lengths of flexible fuel pipe coming off the
carbs "crossing over" joined with a home made metal t-piece then a flexible
from the t-piece to the fuel pump. As I remember it required a few cable
ties to keep it in a safe area of the engine bay.
Pete